Friday, June 4, 2021

D7 - Trust Me!

 CRAZY TRUST FALL LIKE SITUATIONS

(https://www.skipprichard.com/10-laws-of-trust-build-the-bonds-that-make-a-business-great/)

A big part of the changes I find I am going through as I am begining this journey into retirement is having to relinquish control and learn the importance of putting TRUST in other people and situations.  

EXAMPLE  #1 - When you tell your amazing real estate agent that you're feeling a little anxious and the response comes back "try not to stress, that's my job"!  

LESSON #1 - Being anxious about things that are outside of my control is a useless waste of time and energy.  When you choose people to work with like we have that are exceedingly competent and have your best interest at heart there is no value come over analyzing the situation.  

EXAMPLE  #2 - When you're worried about not being able to attend an inspection on your new house in Florida

LESSON #2 - Brainstorm with your husband on a great solution where he and my incredible mother-in-law will go.  Remember to trust that they have more than enough skills and will do a great job.  Genuinely be happy for them and the time they will get to spend together over a long weekend.

EXAMPLE #3 - Having anxiety and apprehension about what the future is going to hold.  Will I still see my children living here in Colorado as often as I'd like?  What if people don't like me or I don't fit in?  And many other bizarre thoughts!

LESSON #3 - As for seeing my children as often as I'd like, this is truly my biggest step and requires most Trust.  I am choosing to believe the heartfelt comments by my husband that anytime I need, he will put me on a plane to come home to visit.  As for my concerns about people not liking me or not fitting, it seems to merely evoke laughter from everyone when I share.

By nature I am an anxious person so this is a new experience and I will honestly say it makes me uncomfortable.  With that being said, I know that I'm required to take this step out in faith to position me where I know God is leading.   I'm choosing to take these new exciting yet scary steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

D34 - On The Road to Retirement Day 1 of 4

After finishing up last minute tasks like cleaning up,  final trip to the bank,  the PD, and a stop for last minute hug from Kris, back home...