Sunday, May 30, 2021

D2 - Who's Mission Am I On?

 LET THE TRUTH BE TOLD - GOD'S MISSION

I wasn't sure what today's entry would be about until completing a study that I am working on that centers around Matthew West's song Truth Be Told.  The lesson for the day focused around getting so caught up in being busy that we don't take the time to let God work on us. He recommended an Enneagram as a tool so I may need to look into that.   His plan spoke about being honest about ourselves and making sure that we are making choices that are leading us towards our mission in life as opposed to our shadow mission.  I was fascinated by the thought that both God and the enemy know what our shadow mission is but often we don't know. That without keeping God at the center of our life we could be presently living our shadow mission miles away from where God's calling us to be.   God never said life would be easy, he said that he works all things for the good of those who are called to HIS purpose.  And those times when we're not sure who we are or what our true mission in life is, God still has a purpose for us.  The enemy chooses to try to have us spend our days in darkness doing things that distract us from God's plan.  So what do we need to do?  We need to get honest with ourselves and let others be honest with us.   Let God do the work that needs to be done to make sure I stay on the road to the true Mission God has for me.

This devotional was very eye-opening for me because I had been focusing on the words of the song that talk about saying that I'm fine but I'm not I'm broken.  It was almost like an Anthem.  But today it focused on the words:  I don't know why it's so hard to admit it, when being honest is the only way to fix it. There's no failure, no fault, there's no sin you don't already know. So let the truth be told.  That's a complete 180 from how I was being inspired by the song.  

As I wrap up the entry, you may be wondering what exactly is she trying to say. I guess my take away from today is a challenge for you to take the time to be honest with yourself and to allow God to work in and through you to make sure you are working towards the mission which HE has called you.  I know for certain there's going to be lots of honest times for me as I navigate this journey called retirement.  I want to make sure that I'm walking according to HIS will and that I'm using my newfound time to do Kingdom work not Lisa work.  That is most definitely going to be a mindset change for me as I believe I've spent the better part of my adult life doing work for everyone else and was fortunate that along the way many times those two missions crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

D34 - On The Road to Retirement Day 1 of 4

After finishing up last minute tasks like cleaning up,  final trip to the bank,  the PD, and a stop for last minute hug from Kris, back home...