Wednesday, June 9, 2021

D12 - Mosaic Kids

 

Tonight I had pleasure of speaking to the young people that attend our Weekly Mosaic Kids Wednesday night summer program at Morgan Nazarene Church.   The purpose of this program is to strengthen the bonds and the spiritual formation between the generations.  The intention is to share your testimony, about your family, or about your job.

My basis of my message tonight was about the importance of meeting people where they are, not where you think they should be. When you work in a job where you help people there are lots of times when people need assistance with things you don't think they should or things you've told them about or taught them over and over again. That can be frustrating. Have any of you ever taught or told someone something and they just didn't get it? Have you ever been the person who just didn't get it? Or have you been the person who needs to be shown things many times? What is really important when you are helping, and this is where my Christian beliefs come in, is that you do the job with kindness.  It would be easy to get annoyed or frustrated and to let them know how you're feeling. But how would that make them feel? It would make them feel bad, and as a Christian we should treat everyone with love. Even when it's frustrating I have to remember we don't know what it is that's going on in their life or if there are other things bothering them that are making them distracted? Another reason is that we are all different and we all learn differently. Not everyone is good at the same things but we are all special in our own way. I choose to meet people where they are in life. God's blessing on my life has made me a helper and I believe that when I live my life being a positive example I am being a disciple for God by how I live. I hope people see me and want what I have - JESUS!  What can each of us do today and every day to be kind and more like Jesus? Remember we all are special in our own way and we can't let ANYONE dull our sparkle. 

It truly was a blessing to me to be able to share this final time before we move. It has been such an honor and a privilege for me to have taught these kids over the last several years. My heart is full when I think about the difference we're making in these young minds on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

D34 - On The Road to Retirement Day 1 of 4

After finishing up last minute tasks like cleaning up,  final trip to the bank,  the PD, and a stop for last minute hug from Kris, back home...